Wednesday, January 20, 2010

Amazing Grace

In our Wednesday evening gathering tonight, we were looking at chapter 8 in C.J. Mahaney's Humility.

A quote of Charles Spurgeon struck me:

I believe in the doctrine of election, because I am quite certain that, if God had not chosen me, I should never have chosen Him; and I am sure He chose me before I was born, or else He never would have chosen me afterwards; and He must have elected me for reasons unknown to me, for I never could find any reason in myself why He should have looked upon me with special love.

Ahh, what a kindness, that God did not wait for us to earn His favor but put His favor on us through His Son.

"He saved us, not on the basis of deeds which we have done in righteousness, but according to His mercy, by the washing of regeneration and renewing by the Holy Spirit" (Titus 3:5).

No comments:

Post a Comment