Thursday, April 5, 2012

Holy Week

I have felt quite unsanctified this week.

No major blowouts or spiteful misdeeds, but just a general level of frustration and a grumbling spirit.

The dishes are piling up. The internet won’t work. I don’t have the information I need for my work project. Victor isn’t eating or sleeping super great. Interruptions are putting me behind. Who left their shoes in the middle of the floor where I trip over them? (Me.)

I think that my faith fumbles the most easily not when calamity hits (how often do we find the arms of God so tangible and strong in the hardest moments?) but in the mundane brokenness of everyday life. I believe the promises of God will hold true if the fire of suffering flames up… but I too often slip into a funk of ungratefulness and irritation in the midst of the ordinary.

It’s ugly, really. What grace unfolds in each day! And to ignore that and orient on the stuff that bugs me smothers my joy and makes me an unpleasant and ungracious person to be around. (Sorry, hon.)

So, this Holy Week is a reminder of how far short I fall from holy. And what awesome grace Christ gave, to die for this grumbling sinner and cover me with His own perfect life.

Thank You, Jesus.

10 Other Things I Thank God For:

1) The library had the book Ben needed for his project.
2) Such a beautiful afternoon for a walk yesterday.
3) Victor ate really well last night, a very direct answer to prayer.
4) I have a blue, fuzzy robe.
5) Heading to Iowa tomorrow!
6) Had an idea for dinner… and all the needed ingredients.
7) Almost all the laundry is done.
8) Had time to make oatmeal raisin cookies and banana bread.
9) Psalm 77- remember God’s faithfulness in the past; He will be faithful for all the future.
10) My sweet husband and son are here with me.

No comments:

Post a Comment