Saturday, July 14, 2012

No More Good-byes

It's our last full day of family vacation. This is the time when I always get sentimental and nostalgic. I love my family and love spending time with them. I always look forward to vacation with a bittersweet anticipation. Bitter because it always goes too quickly, and the times we're all together are few and far between. Sweet because our vacations have so many wonderful times--devotions together, hysterical laughter, vast quantities of food, catching up with one another's lives, enjoying the outdoors, playing games, and generally savoring the chaos and fun of being together. I know there are people who don't get to experience this kind of fellowship with their relatives. And I thank God for the tremendous blessing my family is, every single person. Leaning toward the day when we won't have good-byes...

No comments:

Post a Comment