Tuesday, October 7, 2014

Grace

Dear Victor,

These past few days have been so sweet. I couldn't say exactly what the change is, but you have been full of grace.

When Josiah was crying, you prayed for him, "Dear Father, please help Josiah. Please give him peace."

When we were in a store, and you were touching candy bars at the checkout, I told you that you needed to stop. I needed to tell you twice. Then you said, "I'm sorry, Mommy. I'm sorry, Mommy." Actually, I think that has been the pattern, probably a dozen times in these past days when I've needed to correct you. The kindness of the Lord leads us to repentance. It is a lovely thing.

When you and Daddy were reading in The Dangerous Journey and you got to the part where Christian's burden rolled off at the cross, you said, "Thank You, Jesus!"

Last night, when you had a bad dream, you called out for me, and when I came in, you said, "Will you pray? Will you pray?"

After supper tonight, when we all got to eat out at a sandwich shop, you said, "It is good to be all together with my family!"

I was doing something goofy that made you laugh, and you looked at me and said, "I love love love love love you!"

After we sang On Christ the Solid Rock I Stand, when we were talking about the song, you said, "Jesus covers over our sin."

I don't want to read into these sweet, simple little things ... but neither do I want to rule out the possibility that God is working a great work of grace in your heart, just as we've been praying.

Love you, my son.



No comments:

Post a Comment