Wednesday, February 22, 2017

10 Months Old!

10 months old!


9 months old

8 months old

7 months old

6 months old

5 months

 4 months

3 months

2 months

 1 month

 2 weeks old


Dear Elliot,

Happy 10 months, big man! You are at such a delightful stage, buddy, and we love you tons.

Nowadays:

- You are imitating so many, many things... clicking your tongue, making Mamama or Dadada noises, smacking your lips for a kiss, waving bye-bye or good night, shaking your head no, and so forth! You are such an inquisitive, expressive little guy and so much fun. When I'm holding you and Daddy comes by to give me a kiss, we generally hear a loud, repeated smacking noise from you, just so we remember you're nearby. :)




- You tip the scales at 24+ pounds. The substantial inertia is still keeping you from much crawling activity, but your little legs are strong! You can stand while holding on to something, and I think you might just start taking steps soon and skip the whole crawling thing altogether.

- You continue to tuck away your mush food very happily. You still gag on whole Cheerios but find it very entertaining to chase them around on your tray, and you are intrigued by whatever food is nearby on others' plates. You also still love to grab the tablecloth and pull and pull until something exciting happens.

- You had a horribly terrible cold/cough this month and were initiated into the wonderful world of neb treatments, along with your big brothers. And even that wasn't enough to kick it, so you and Victor both had a round of oral steroids too. The Evil Cough is a very hated sign of the fall to me, and I look forward to the day when there will be no more.

- You persist in getting me up to eat once in the night, and I could probably skip it, but right now you are doing so well sleeping all the way until 7am that I haven't put up much of a fight.

- Two little teeth finally popped up last week (your first)! 

- You are still happiest perched on one of my hips, one hand grabbing my hair or sweatshirt, and (ideally) one of my hood strings stuck in your mouth. Oh how I love your snuggles, little one! Too soon you will be ready to run off with your big brothers, so I am savoring these days.


A sweet friend of mine asked about the significance of your name a couple weeks ago, and when I told her that it means "The LORD is my God," she excitedly reminded me about Psalm 63:1.

O God, you are my God; earnestly I seek you; my soul thirsts for you; my flesh faints for you, as in a dry and weary land where there is no water.

How I pray that you will know God in that earnest, personal way. He is the greatest goal and desire of our lives. May we seek Him with all our heart!

I love you, little pickle,
Momma

No comments:

Post a Comment