Saturday, April 22, 2017

1 Year Old!

1 year old!

11 months old

10 months old

9 months old

8 months old

7 months old

6 months old

5 months

 4 months

3 months

2 months

 1 month

 2 weeks old



Dear Elliot,

Wow, what a day! You are one year old, and you are growing by leaps and bounds.

It's always fun to mark a first birthday... Today you got to devour an entire piece of coffee cake, a bowl of yogurt, lots of bread, baked beans, crackers, some bits of grape, and a mountainous cupcake. All of which you polished off with supreme ease and enjoyment. You wore it well, my son.




Here on your first birthday, we make note:

- You are definitely mobile. Your favorite destinations are the area under Victor and Josiah's chairs at the kitchen table, where you happily graze among the crumbs for many long, quiet minutes before I notice. You still have a cute little two-legged hop to some of your crawling steps. It's pretty sweet.



- You throw up a hand and say (your version of) "Hi!" when someone comes in the room. It's very cheery and warm.

- You still only have 2 teeth, but that doesn't stop you as long as the food is nice and soft. Saltines, cereal (Special k and corn flakes), and yogurt are favorite foods. You are also a fan of whole milk. But you don't handle your own sippy cup, you still won't drink from a bottle, and Mom is a little nervous about leaving you for 4 days the week after next... But I'm sure you'll do fine!

- You still put everything in your mouth, but normally when I come to fish something out, you'll kind of stick it out with your tongue, so it's not too tough to reach. That is very accommodating, buddy.

- When you wake up from naps, often Victor will come in to greet you. He almost always sings to you (Jesus Loves Me and My God Is So Big). You really like it!

- You still give absolutely the best snuggles. You put your head down on my shoulder and grab my arm, and just lean in for long moments.




Today I want to remember and pray for you again, my special verse for you. The meaning of Elliot, and our greatest hope for you: "The LORD is my God." As Zechariah 13:9 says:
And I will bring the third part through the fire, and will refine them as silver is refined, and will try them as gold is tried: they shall call on my name, and I will hear them: I will say, It is my people: and they shall say, The LORD is my God.

Elliot, when the troubled times come, call on the LORD.
When joyful times come, call on the LORD.
When your heart is uncertain, call on the LORD.
When all hope seems lost, call on the LORD.
When you are amazed and humbled at the grace in your life, call on the LORD.
When you feel like you have no friends, call on the LORD.
When you see brokenness in the world and in your own heart, call on the LORD.
When you feel your need for forgiveness and mercy, call on the LORD.

Last Sunday we celebrated Easter. The victory of Christ over the sin and death. O my son, may He, our gracious Maker, Keeper, Savior, and King, be your God and the hope of your heart all the days of your life.

I love you , my big one-year-old!

Momma

No comments:

Post a Comment