Wednesday, January 26, 2022

Funny Fellows

Just a few things that are cracking me up and/or melting my heart these days...

 


Calvin: For my next three birthdays I’d like a house, an excavator, and a front loader

Josiah, after his first Covid test: That wasn’t bad. they cleared out one of the boogers that was clogging my nose.

Reading a book with me, observing a picture of a bear riding an escalator,
Calvin: I’m very scared of bears.

Me: For good reason, they are very big and powerful.
Calvin: Yeah, they might even push people down!

Josiah: The Bible is pretty cool. It’s taking a lot of my attention these nights.
*love*


Driving up to church, Calvin, with enthusiasm: Hey! John the Baptist Church!

In church, I gave Calvin a piece of bubble gum to chew, reminding him to spit it out when he finished.
Calvin: I can’t spit because my teeth can’t spit very well (having swallowed gum).


Overheard in the kitchen:
Calvin, emphatically: Jesus isn’t a cat.

Elliot: No, I said cheetahs are cats.

Victor: Josiah and I are going to read a verse from the Bible every day and talk about it.
*love*

Calvin: Mom?
Me: Yeah?
Calvin, with mild disdain: I was just talking to myself.

Hearing a raucous duet of tambourine and drums in the background,
Victor to me: The boys are crazy. I’m not. I come from your side of the family


Me: What are you feeling now?
Calvin: Angriness

Calvin: I think there’s more Christmas lights over on this side of the world (Eden Prairie)

Calvin: Mom?
Me: Yeah?
Calvin: What did you say one time?

Calvin: Mom, this is wet water.

Listening to a CD of Slugs & Bugs in the car, Calvin: Can you turn that off please? Because I’m already asleep, Mom.

On a little one-on-one outing, I was driving with Calvin, rather lost in my own thoughts for several minutes.
Breaking into the silence,
Calvin: Mom, let's talk about our favorite colors.

 Josiah (about once per day): Jemima is the cutest baby in the WORLD!

No comments:

Post a Comment