Saturday, February 23, 2013

Favorite Recipe





I love recipes.  I love food (a dangerous love).  I love cooking, especially for large crowds of people. I think cooking is one of my love languages.


So, here is the first of a few favorite recipes, from my heart to yours.  :)

Category: Most frequently used recipe

Winner: Granola Bars

I discovered a version of this recipe about a year ago, when I first started doing dairy-free life for Mr. Victor's tummy.  It's dairy-free, and I've adapted it to be egg-free (which I like better than the with-egg version anyway).

I have made this recipe roughly once a week for the past year.  I've made a bazillion different varieties.  This week, I made it three times.  (#1. Cranberry white chocolate walnut, #2. Chocolate chunk, #3 Butterscotch date.)  I never look at the recipe anymore.

So versatile. So delicious for breakfast, lunch, or dinner.  So easy.  So many different twists.  Please enjoy.

Granola Bars

Dry ingredients:
3 c. oats
1 c. flour
3/4 c. brown sugar
1/2 t. cinnamon
1/2 t. baking soda
1/2 t. salt
3/4 c. your favorite mix-ins

Wet ingredients:
1/4 c. applesauce
1/2 c. oil
1/2 c. honey
2 t. vanilla

Combine dry ingredients in a bowl.  In a separate bowl, combine wet ingredients.  Add to dry ingredients.  Stir until thoroughly combined (otherwise bars will be crumbly).  Pat firmly into a 9x13 pan.  Bake at 350 degrees for 20-25 min.

I prefer my bars a little gooey (20 min), and usually to make clean-up a breeze, I line my pan with parchment paper or aluminum foil sprayed with cooking spray.

Delightful!

No comments:

Post a Comment