Sunday, May 22, 2016

1 Month Old!

Growing up already...
 1 month!

 2 weeks old

Dear Elliot,

How crazy to already hit a month of life with you! It has flown by, and it has been a very sweet month.

- You are a good eater. Such that you are now 11 lb 4 oz (a 50% gain over your birth weight, which is quite the growth trajectory). Good work, big man.

- You are giving some nice stretches of sleep at night. Normally in the 3 1/2 hour range, but your personal best is 4 hours and 40 min, whew!

- A typical day... you are awake for a little stretch in the morning (sometimes), but normally eat and sleep through most of the day. In the evening, maybe 6:30-8pm you are normally alert and mostly content.

- You seem to enjoy the outdoor, sleeping great when you get fresh air (and your big brothers love playing at playgrounds or in the front yard, so it's a win all around in this beautiful season!).

- You're a mellow, sweet snuggle bug. You'll normally snooze happily when I carry you in the K'tan, or in your carseat, or in your bed. When you're in the swing, you are typically happy (unless you're hungry), and maybe awake or maybe asleep.

- You haven't been too much of a spitter, at least not as consistently as your big brothers were. The last few days, though, you've had one or two massive, stomach-emptying spells per day, just to keep me on my toes (and doing laundry).

- You can get body-wracking hiccups, just like when you were still in my belly.

- I love how you sometimes wrinkle your nose when you eat, like you're really enjoying it.

My verse for you is from the meaning of Elliot, "The LORD is my God." It's Zechariah 13:9:
And I will bring the third part through the fire, and will refine them as silver is refined, and will try them as gold is tried: they shall call on my name, and I will hear them: I will say, It is my people: and they shall say, The LORD is my God.

May it be, little son, that you call on the Lord, the one true God, and that He knows you are His own--that you would be His, and the Lord would be your God.

We just love you and are so thankful that God has given you to our family!

Momma

No comments:

Post a Comment