Saturday, January 19, 2019

7 Months Old!

7 months old!


6 months old
 
 5 months old

4 months old


3 months old

 2 months old

1 month old

2 weeks old

Dear Calvin,

This month zipped by almost without my noticing! We had a happy whirlwind of Christmas celebrations, travels, and colds as we entered the new year.

Nevertheless, this month was busy for you:

- You are now a traveling roller, which means that you merrily tumble over and over in one direction until you hit a wall or some other obstacle. You are, however, predisposed (compliments of that nagging torticollis) to move only one way, so we're working on becoming an "equal opportunity roller."

- We've muddled through many more nights of 3 hour feedings, but since you currently tip the scales at 20 lb 10 oz, Mom has at last gained internal resolve to let you make it to at least 2am before a midnight snack and then somewhere past 6am for an early morning breakfast. I'm pretty sure that once I can kick this cold, that schedule is going to make me feel really perky.


- You are working in some cereal and baby food peas at mealtimes. Not real frequently (since I still kinda forget that you're in that phase now), but little by little. Wouldn't say it's your favorite thing ever, but we do get some down pretty much every day.

- You have the most delightful grin, and you're normally ready to share it. I love the sweet little dimple at the corner of your mouth.

- You sit to play for a while with cushions behind you (your new gear toy from Grammy and Grandad is a favorite). Still occasionally tip over sideways, but you are getting stronger.

I've been meditating on John 10 lately.
I am the good shepherd. The good shepherd lays down his life for the sheep. He who is a hired hand and not a shepherd, who does not own the sheep, sees the wolf coming and leaves the sheep and flees, and the wolf snatches them and scatters them. He flees because he is a hired hand and cares nothing for the sheep. I am the good shepherd. I know my own and my own know me, just as the Father knows me and I know the Father; and I lay down my life for the sheep.

Little son, you are in need of a shepherd. You need saving, not just from the wolves and lions of the enemy, which would seek to steal, kill, and destroy, but from the sin which dwells in your own little heart.

There is only one Good Shepherd, my son. One who would lay down His life for His sheep. He is our precious Savior, our ransom and King.

May you hear, know, and follow Him all the days of your life. And may it become the pursuit of your heart to call to others, other sheep that are not of this fold, so that they too may listen to His voice and join the one flock, with one Shepherd.

I love you, sweet Calvin.
Momma

-

No comments:

Post a Comment