Sunday, January 3, 2021

Grateful New Year

 

I love Christmas. 

But yesterday I realized that now that we've come through the holidays (and a wonderful time it was!), I am so profoundly grateful for so many things.

I'm thankful for my sweet family (on both sides) and the memories made with cousins, aunts, uncles, and grandparents.

I'm thankful for where God has planted us, part of a body of Christ that we love and that spurs us on toward Jesus. Thankful for places to serve and to invest in something that isn't going to fail or fly away (no matter what unexpected twists the future may hold).

I'm thankful for a new year and a sense of purpose... to serve, teach, and love my boys on a path toward Christlikeness, to be a good helper for Ben and keep in step with his leading, to abide in Jesus and let the Spirit shape me, to love the people around me and not shrink back into a safe and comfortable place of self-absorption. 

I'm thankful for God's evident protection and provision all through the last year (with the troubles and sorrows it held). I'm thankful that we don't walk into the future alone or have to wonder what the end of the story will be. 

And I'm thankful for 21 weeks with a new life growing. For the kicks that are such a sweet gift to me. For whatever God has in store for this new Katterson child.

Tomorrow is our ultrasound. Why have I not posted anything online, made a fun announcement, celebrated this life earlier?

I think it was probably a mixed cup of remnant grief, fear, and a real healthy dose of nausea and headaches. 

But it came to me recently that no matter what God has for this child, whether he (she?) comes to our arms and our home or goes straight to Jesus, this is a gift for which to be grateful.

So, a grateful new year to you! And may we see God's hand wherever He leads.

No comments:

Post a Comment