Saturday, February 13, 2010

Beloved

Sometimes God amazes me with His tenderness. Yesterday was a delightful day, and I felt very cherished (which shouldn't surprise me, since Ephesians 5 does say Jesus nourishes and cherishes His Bride).

For example...

-Ben decided not to go to his Friday morning men's group but stay home and have breakfast with me.

-In the ten minutes I had to go shopping, I was able to find a sweater for 60% off (and an extra 15% on top of that) to wear for our special evening out.

-A friend from small group had given us a flyer with a special for the Minneapolis Symphony ... 2 tickets for $10. And we got to hear Ben's favorite composer, Grieg.

-Ben's class ended an hour before the orchestra began, but he got out a few minutes early, so we had time to eat dinner without rushing.

-I had packed food for supper, but we were downtown and had nowhere but our cold car to eat it. But providentially, we parked right next to a facility (virtually empty) with comfy chairs and tables, even a sink to rinse our strawberries.

-Just yesterday morning I was listening to a sermon about how culture and the use of music glorify God, who made the very concept of music. (If you're interested, you can hear it here.

-We both really enjoyed the evening of excellent music. I read this morning: "Sing to Him a new song; play skillfully with a shout of joy" (Psalm 33:3).

God is always kind to me, but sometimes I am numb to it. Yesterday was certainly a reminder of His unmerited favor to us in Jesus.

1 comment:

  1. Great picture of you two! So happy you had a good Valentine's day celebration together.
    Love you.
    Betsy

    ReplyDelete