Friday, December 14, 2012

The Green-Masked Man


I just have to confess, it makes my heart ache to see Victor with the nebulizer.

The little fellow has been stalwart in dealing with his treatments so far.  He doesn't scream or pull on the tubes or throw a tantrum.  But he doesn't like it.

He's not in pain or facing a life-threatening illness.  But somehow since he's been getting his neb treatments, I feel a kind of weight.  Because I know someday he could be.  I was.

And I think of Mary, who brought Jesus to the temple to present Him to the Lord.  In the same sentence, Simeon blessed them and gave a heavy word to Mary:
Behold, this Child is appointed for the fall and rise of many in Israel, and for a sign to be opposed--and a sword will pierce even your own soul--to the end that thoughts from many hearts may be revealed. (Luke 2:34-35)
A sword to pierce her soul.  A Son she would raise (Luke 2:51), fear for (Luke 2:48), let go of (Matthew 12:46-50), wonder at (Luke 2:19), and finally witness die (John 19:26).

And that Son, born to be the consolation (Luke 2:25) and interceder (Romans 8:34) for all who trust in Him.

1 comment:

  1. Oh, I so hear you.
    Praying the treatments continue to go well and really help the coughing. We requested more "victor" last night so watched his videos over and over again before bed. :) miss you.

    ReplyDelete