Thursday, September 12, 2013

Our Happy Birthday News

It was 32 years ago yesterday that my dark, quiet, warm world exploded into the loud, bright, colorful realm of life on earth.

I had no comprehension of the joy, pain, sweetness, and grace that would meet me on this road.

Wonderful family.  The gospel.  Cancer.  Bible studies.  Sweet church family.  College.  Work at Bethlehem.  Marriage to Benjamin.  Little spunky, cheerful Victor.  Seminary life. 

And that kind of brings us up to today ...


... and the wonderful gift of one more little Katterson on the way, Lord willing to break into this world somewhere near the end of March 2014.

Little one, I do not know what your days will hold.  I pray that God will shelter you from harm and fill your story with hope and mercy and favor.  I pray that the blood of Jesus will cover your broken, sinful heart and that you will never know a day when you don't love the sweet grace of His gospel.  And for the hard days, the heartbreaks, the messes, the mistakes, I pray that I can kiss away some of the ouches and that God will overshadow all the rest with His everlasting arms of comfort and help.  We love you already.

Every good thing given, and every perfect gift is from above, coming down from the Father of lights, with whom there is no variation or shifting shadow. - James 1:17







1 comment:

  1. Happy B'day and congrats, blessings and all that good stuff! What incredibly wonderful news. Wish I could be there to give you and Ben a big happy hug! Sending an imaginary one from afar.

    ReplyDelete