Tuesday, April 2, 2019

A Few of My Favorite Things

To Ben, a day late, some of my favorite things about you, for your birthday...
  • You're enthusiastic about what I cook. This is especially appreciated when all the boys squirm and try to fidget their way out of eating the special new dishes... 
  • Your capacity for enjoyment is the highest of anyone I know. You love... everything. Except for chewy granola bars and cooked squash.
  • You seek God in His Word, in prayer, in relationships with others in the body of Christ. You make it possible for me to get daily quiet time with God too. You make space for my heart to stay healthy. I am truly rich with this.
  • You lean into the difficult things for God's kingdom and righteousness. 
  • You are receptive to my feedback and let me pushback or wrestle through things with you.
  • You play with our boys, read to them, sing to them, run with them, take them to the grocery store (you ninja), and in general bear the delightful load of parenting them.
  • You are working hard to appropriate God's grace in ways that are not the easiest or most natural to you. Administration, vision, leadership... I see the growth, and others see it too.
  • You still like sitting next to me on the couch for that brief time post-boys' bedtime and pre-our own to talk about the day.  
Well, gotta get back to those little boys, so it is just a few. But I do love you!

No comments:

Post a Comment