Wednesday, March 14, 2012

Baffled

Well, I could use your prayers.

I don't know why, but about half the time Victor will eat well, and half the time, well...

I just finished a feeding (so to speak). We started at 2:45am, and he ate for 17 min on the first side, with no issues. I checked his diaper, bundled him, and tried the other side, and he ate for about 20 seconds. Then he would not latch for about 20 min. I tried burping him (he spit up twice, little bits, and then once, chunky, into my hair). He would mouth around, but not latch. I repositioned, rebundled, sat him up to let everything settle... still no go. He wasn't sleepy and grunted a little. His diaper was a little teeny bit poopy, so I don't think it's constipation. (He's normally really soft anyway.)

At about 3:40am, he ate for about a minute.

I finally put him to bed and went to pump. He fussed, so I tried him again, but still no real eating. After pumping, I was unable to pull apart the pieces of the bottle and pump to clean them, so maybe it's just one of those nights?

But he has done this periodically, maybe about half the time. But normally he settles down, latches, and will eat after a little while.

Oh Lord, help me know how to help my baby...

No comments:

Post a Comment