Thursday, March 29, 2012

Food, food, food

Today was a big day for our little fellow.



He took his first bottle. Daddy did a fine job administering the meal. :) (Victor ate it like a starving field hand...)

In fact, the little peanut ate significantly better for Dad than he has been for Momma.

This is a continued prayer request, actually.

At the last installment of the story, I was laying off dairy (this was 3 weeks ago), and I really feel like Victor has been eating quite a bit better since then. He has gotten up to his earlier norm of 10-30 min feedings on the first side, and the 2nd side has been hit and miss... Sometimes he'll eat good for another 5 min, and sometimes (maybe half the time) he will eat a few swallows, and swing his head around, eat a few swallows, and repeat.

I have been thinking it's a combination of being more aware of his surroundings now (and thus, easily distractable) and some kind of discomfort. Sometimes if I sit him up he will give me a good burp (and sometimes not)... but either way, it doesn't normally make a difference in his eating.

However, today he has been a little "off." My last feeding for him, he ate voraciously for 9 min on the first side... and then he was acting like before, when he was at his worst, on the 2nd side (stiffening his body, crying, wanting to eat but then pulling off, crying). I can't think of anything significant different in my diet, so I just don't know what to think about that.

So, once again, I'm asking God for help for my little guy.

You are he who took me from the womb; you made me trust you at my mother's breasts. On you was I cast from my birth, and from my mother's womb you have been my God. Be not far from me, for trouble is near.

Psalm 22:9-11a

1 comment:

  1. Praying for you my dear sister and little nephew! I love you all (and miss you so much!!)

    ReplyDelete