Tuesday, May 1, 2012

Faithful

I can hardly believe we made it to this point.

Last fall, while I was feeling kicks and hiccups from my belly, I was pretty nervous about facing the first quarter of this year.

I knew Ben would have class 4 nights a week. Then we heard that the South Site was also going to be moving its worship location to Lakeville South High School. And I envisioned myself with a brand-new baby, trying to cope with 4 months of essentially not seeing my hubby.

I didn't even want to think about it. We were signed up for the Indi Mini--our annual run in Indianapolis with my dad and sister the first weekend of May--and I felt like if I could just hold my breath and survive January through April, then by the time the Indi Mini arrived, we would be through the gauntlet.

And now it is May 1. And we are packed to head south tomorrow morning. And God has brought us through.

I will confess that the first week I was home with Victor by myself and Ben headed off to class, I cried. I was lonely and a little scared to manage this new little life all on my own.

But despite that first week or two, I attest that grace covered all the craziness of the last 4 months. Ben has finished his classes. We're moved to Lakeville South. And I love our little boy and feel so privileged to be home with him. What a faithful Father we have.

Tonight, when we drove around as a family of 3, running errands, and then sat together eating dinner, I realized just how lovely it will be to have some evenings together... maybe weekends without just staring into our laptops... time to go on walks together with Victor... sharing Victor's little bedtime routine together... Lovely. And probably all the sweeter for having scarce time to enjoy them up til now.

Thank You, Lord!

(And a few snapshots of what we've been up to lately.)

We go for a walk in the neighborhood pretty much every day.


Ready to take on the slide for the first time!


Victor gets a lot of compliments on his shades...


No comments:

Post a Comment