Monday, May 21, 2012

Sabbath

My sophomore year of college was the craziest. My academic load was pretty intense (I remember that semester with 4 classes, including Accounting I and Argumentative Research Writing). And for some reason (God, I think), I determined that I would not do homework on Sundays.

Some weeks, that meant some pretty late Saturday nights, but I actually think that it probably helped me survive the rough road.

The past 5 1/2 years have been different--Sundays have definitely felt like work days! (And, with Ben's school schedule, and work, the rest of the week has been pretty intense too.)

But we're in the midst of Ben's last school semester (for now, anyway), and we're looking down the road at a different time ahead, and perhaps a bit of a schedule change.

I hope that we'll find a new way to bring some elements of Sabbath back together.

An interesting article to think about.

No comments:

Post a Comment