Saturday, June 30, 2012

20 Seconds

One idea from the movie We Bought a Zoo was thought-provoking.

The dad counsels his teenage son, saying, "You know, sometimes all you need is twenty seconds of insane courage. Just literally twenty seconds of just embarrassing bravery."

I wouldn't say the movie was utterly profound... but that line made me think.


If we know the almighty God and trust His many promises, that idea of 20 seconds of insane courage could be another way of saying (like the hymn), "venture on Him, venture wholly."


When the world can gut-it-out for 20 seconds of courage (which may be for some stupid reason), won't I put my sense of dignity or love of comfort on the line for something I know to be true, awesome, and life or death?


May God give us that kind of courage.

No comments:

Post a Comment