Tuesday, June 19, 2012

Perseverance

I started a new prayer journal recently.

It feels full of expectation, because it seems like God just loves to put Himself on display when I write down prayer requests. Not that He doesn't answer prayer when I don't, but it seems like He specializes in moving in crazy ways if I will put it down on paper, where I know I will check back and also write down the answer.

My last prayer journal is full of scribbles (I took a picture of some pages as an example, but since I have used it for lots of other people besides myself, thought better of posting that for the world to see...).

Examples of specifically answered prayer from my last journal:

- Friend in dating relationship troubles: now married
- Wanted to memorize book of Colossians: now done through most of chapter 3
- Lost two sets of keys: two sets found
- Relative needed organ transplant: transplant successful
- 2 friends in adoption process: both now have babies
- Visa needed in very short time to visit overseas family: arrived in time
- Ben needed to finish paper in time: Done on time, got A-
- Concerns over pregnancy complications: healthy baby
- Car broken, needed quick and inexpensive fix: Just needed to tighten a bolt
- Friend's lost cell phone: the guy from the thrift store called the Subway and found the phone
- Lost wallet: the coffee shop called, had it
- Job needed: job provided
- Bread machine making funny noises: working fine

I could continue... but anyway, the lesson to me is, PRAY. And keep praying. And write it down so that when God answers, you see it and remember. And next time, remembering that, you will maybe pray sooner, longer, and more fervently.

Rejoice always, pray without ceasing, give thanks in all circumstances, for this is the will of God in Christ Jesus for you (1 Thessalonians 5:16-18).

No comments:

Post a Comment