Friday, August 17, 2012

Accountability Questions

We all probably have different besetting sins. So it may be helpful to ask for help battling the ones that are worst for us.

This is another item in the 6-year-old computer file "Meditations of a Single Girl":

Amy’s Accountability Questions

On a scale of 1 to 10, this week:

1) I have fallen into self-centered, self-absorbed thoughts and have not quickly caught myself to refocus on Jesus.

2) I have fallen into fear of man and been too timid, too approval-seeking, or too self-conscious to speak the truth in love.

3) I missed opportunities to engage in gospel witness or balked at an opening to plant a seed or engage someone God brought to me.

4) I have been too independent and proud to share my struggles with others or ask for advice or prayer.

5) I have been grumpy with my roommate or others.

6) I have saved what I should just throw away or gotten lazy in clutter and stacks of things.

7) I have failed to take time for people or wait on the Lord because I let “task-oriented” thinking rule.

8) I have not been a good steward of my body by indulging in food more than I should have or failing to be disciplined in exercise or eating.

9) I have been self-protective and awkward in crowds because I’m thinking of myself and not seeing myself and others the way God does.

10) I have been lax in disciplining my mind. I have let my brain be lazy and have not reviewed Scripture verses or been intentional in prayer.

11) I have been full of vanity and too much thought of my appearance.

12) I have been mentally judgmental of others and have not “believed all things” and shown grace in my thoughts toward them, leaving them to be accountable to their Master.

13) I have spent time in daydreaming or projecting realities that haven’t really happened.

14) I have let life crowd out time for contemplation and waiting on the Lord.


No comments:

Post a Comment