Saturday, August 11, 2012

Dear Victor Albert

Dear Victor Albert,

You are at such a fun stage right now. Daddy and I get cracked up just talking about your little antics and sweetness.

You are a big boy. Hefting that carseat with you in it is no small feat these days. And you sit up, roll over, and crawl with dexterity. We can almost see you changing and learning by the day.

I think a lot about your future. You will not be my sweet, precious baby for very much longer. You will soon be my sweet, precious little boy. And then a big boy. And then a young man. And then a man.

How it makes my heart ache to see you learn now, at the earliest exertion of your will, to come under the mighty hand of God. We are learning Psalm 91 in our Fighter Verses for these weeks, and it paints a vivid picture of the care of God for those who dwell in His shelter, abide in His shadow.

There are many forces of darkness in the world, my little one. I cannot truly protect you from them, and neither can your daddy. But there is a Great One who made it all and rules it all.

We love you, little peanut. And we pray that you will trust and love Jesus all the days of your life.

No comments:

Post a Comment