Tuesday, March 19, 2013

Night of Wakefulness

12am.
1am.
2am.
3am.
4am.

Lying in the dark, the heavy hand of weariness pressing down.  Mind buzzing with no thoughts.  Ears straining for the next cough to punctuate the stillness.  Groaning for him, and groaning for me.

Trying to fight the futility and frustration and thoughts of the coming day with Philippians 4.

Rejoice in the Lord always.
Let your gentle spirit be known to all men.
The Lord is near.
Be anxious for nothing.
Whatever is good, honorable, pure, right, of good repute, excellent, worthy of praise, dwell on these things.


I can't always tell if he's whimpering, or if it's just me.

I have learned in whatever situation I am to be content.

How would we learn that lesson, with no broken days and nights?

No comments:

Post a Comment