Thursday, May 23, 2013

Letter to My Little Guy

Dear Victor,

Sometimes your daddy and I just look at you and shake our heads.  What a little man you are! 

It still strikes me as a bit unbelievable that I'm a momma, but you are more and more growing into a bright, cheerful, forceful boy full of ideas and personality.  I love it.

I love watching you examine things and experiment.  You put a ball in a Tupperware container and then carefully dump it into a bucket.  And then back in the Tupperware.  And then back in the bucket.  Almost delicately, inspecting your work each time.

You understand so much.  A few nights ago, I told you that Daddy was going to put water in your bathtub.  You looked around thoughtfully, and then, real excited, found your sippy cup on the floor and said, "Water!"  (Which, incidentally, does not at all sound like "water.")

You like swiping shirts out of my drawer when I try to pick out clothes in the morning, but if I ask very politely for you to please bring the shirt back and put it in the drawer ... you do!

You know the sound of the front door, and several times a day when someone upstairs is going in or out, you say, "Daddy?"  But when it really is Daddy, what a happy time it is!

We're working on a few things these days.  First, no digging dirt out of the tree in the corner.  Second, no swiping the spices off the top shelf of your Tupperware cupboard.  (This is a real test of character ... but you're doing so well!)  Third, when Mommy and Daddy are praying, you need to sit still and be quiet.  You're learning these lessons little by little.  It is such a delight to see you listen and obey, much of the time! 

Daddy and I are learning too.  When we are calm and clear and consistent, when we remind you of the boundaries before there are problems, when we give you good lessons and lots of encouragement, we see good fruit.

Being your mother is such a privilege, and such a delight.  You give wonderful snuggles.  Sometimes you'll run up and give me a hug-tackle and tuck your head into the crook of my neck so I can give you kisses all over your face, laughing, laughing. 

Before naps and bedtime, I hold you for a few minutes next to your crib, and you wrap your little arms around my neck and snuggle your head on my shoulder, and I just hold you close and thank the Lord for such a good, good gift He gave us in you.

How we love you, precious Victor.  And how we pray that God will take your little, learning heart and fill it with worship and love for Jesus from your very earliest awareness of who He is.

Love,
Momma



No comments:

Post a Comment