Tuesday, June 25, 2013

Staff Day Away

Today was our Bethlehem Staff Day Away.

I love the Staff Day Away.  A whole day to hang out with our co-workers away from the office... Panera bagels.  Worship.  Devotional from Philippians 2.  Prayer.  Gift card game.  Salad and sandwich bar for lunch.  Afternoon tournament, complete with fabulous poetry, mini marshmallow towers, Bible Scattergories, a new lawn game, hymn charades, and pie-eating contest.

I was involved in the organization, so I confess to waking up at 4:30am this morning with my brain spinning about the things that could go wrong, be confusing, really annoying, forgotten, or overlooked.  And the Lord was so kind.  The weather was beautiful, the camaraderie sweet, and all went very smoothly, with lots and lots of terrific help.

One more reason I really love this church.

Blog post from Pastor Sam

No comments:

Post a Comment