Saturday, June 20, 2015

A Letter to My Little One



Dear little one,

We officially confirmed your presence a week ago Tuesday, but I knew (at least suspected) you were here for about a month.
A gentle stirring within.
Growing, knitting, living.

We were so overjoyed, so enthralled,
A quiet, secret joy.
A Valentine’s Day baby, maybe.
A new precious girl?
Or another sweet brother?
A gift to us.
You were a gift to us.
You are a gift to us.
We loved you so, so much.

But God gives different gifts.
And this one, for us, He gave and took away.
He is our kind Father.

Our hearts break for such a short hello
And too soon good-bye.

Another baby, squirming, bloody,
Plunged into this broken world.
He lived pure,
Took my blow,
And rose to redeem
Our too soon good-byes.

So good-bye for now, little sweetheart,
Until we meet again.

Love,
Your momma

1 comment:

  1. Oh, Amy, I'm so, so sorry. I wish I could be there to give you a hug. But know that I am crying with you and praying for you in your pain. I love you.
    Krista

    ReplyDelete