Tuesday, June 23, 2015

Half-Completed Surgery

"We need to persevere through these trials if we are to derive benefit from them. Like a half-completed surgery, a half-completed trial is of zero value--even less than zero. ... So God goes to great lengths, encouraging us through His Spirit and through the Word so we stay on the operating table long enough to accomplish His good purposes" (A Million Ways to Die, 151).

So, Lord, I'm here. Feeling half-ripped-open and I missed the anesthesiologist.

I don't really have great endurance. I am afraid I would bail on this if I knew how. But, in Your kindness, You haven't left me an eject button.

So, would You please bring me through?

Hear, O LORD, and be gracious to me; O LORD, be my helper.
Psalm 30:10 

How I need a Helper.
Helping me press on.
Helping me remember.
Helping me escape my own small world and see others around me.

I'm holding Psalm 30:11 as a promise.

You have turned for me my mourning into dancing; 
You have loosed my sackcloth and girded me with gladness,
That my soul may sing praise to You
And not be silent.


May it be, Lord, may it be.







No comments:

Post a Comment