Friday, January 4, 2013

New Year's Resolution

I was reading the end of Revelation on New Year's Eve.

The Faithful and True mounted on a white horse, galloping, free, strong, victorious.
Blood-red robe, eyes a flame of fire, from His mouth a sword of judgment.
Robe and thigh bear the blazened name: King of kings and Lord of lords.
Lined up behind him, the armies of heaven, robed in white, riding white horses.

And no one will stand before Him.

It will come, and that day will put all these days in their real perspective. 

What a foolish, blind one I would be (and often am) to live as though the most urgent need is to balance our budget, get into shape, make my way through the to do list.

I'd like to be riding on one of the white horses.  And I'm praying that the Lord will make this year for me one of valiant faith, living in light of the day that will come.

Maranatha; come, Lord Jesus.

No comments:

Post a Comment