Saturday, January 5, 2013

Valiant Faith

I've been thinking further about living with valiant faith this year.  (See previous post.)

I want to be more intentional about stepping out in faith, confident in God's purposes and His grace to empower a desire for good.

(That's from 2 Thessalonians 1:11-12, "To this end also we pray for you always, that our God will count you worthy of your calling and fulfill every desire for goodness and the work of faith with power, so that the name of our Lord Jesus will be glorified in you, and you in Him, according to the grace of our God and the Lord Jesus Christ.")

So I'm aiming to try something daily that is (at least in desire) a step of valiant faith.  Not a limp, half-hearted, lethargic, semi-serious endeavor, but something that isn't natural to me that I must lean on the Holy Spirit for help and look for His hand to make it good.

This morning's step: Getting up an hour early to finish (in spirit) the All Night of Prayer with my own special prayer time.  It was cold and dark and sleepy, and I really didn't want to get up.  But the Lord did make it a sweet and encouraging time in the Word, praying for my own heart, my family, and lots of other people who are dear to us.

(And I took 2 naps later in the day, so I can hardly count that as a sacrifice!)

No comments:

Post a Comment