Wednesday, October 9, 2013

5 Years and 50 Things I'm Thankful For

Dear Ben,

Five years ago, life was nuts, trying to pull together the last details of our wedding and get everything lined up to be away from work for 10 days.  We were excited, we were tired, we had no idea all the grace God had in store for us.

I'm so glad to be five years down the road with you.  And here are some of the many reasons why I love you and I'm thankful to be your wife (5 per day for the next 10 days til our anniversary).

Day 1:

1.    You’re easy to be with.  There’s no one else in the world I find more restful and refreshing to be with than you.  Actually, I can’t really relax without you.

2.    You want to spur other men on toward Christ.  I love your earnestness in encouraging and exhorting your brothers… family brothers, seminary brothers, staff brothers, spiritual brothers. 

3.    You like my cooking. And you're ridiculous in your compliments.

4.    You pray with our son and for our little unborn one.  Already, I can see Victor learning about prayer as a result of your example.

5.    You sing with gusto and keep a hymnal in the car so we can sing on the road.

To be continued...

No comments:

Post a Comment