Friday, October 11, 2013

Day 3: 5 Years and 50 Things I'm Thankful For

 Dear Ben,

Continued from yesterday...

11.    You encourage me to use my gifts and find ways to stay active in ministry—even as seasons of life and capacity change.

12.    You share biblical insights with me, from your Bible reading, your Greek studies, your young adult work, or your classes.

13.    You are open to input.  We’ve had plenty of conflict, disagreements,  and misunderstandings.  I love your willingness to hear and try to understand, your humility and readiness to repent, and your growth in grace.  I know you’ll listen to me, and even when I’m the one in the wrong, you bear with me in great gentleness.

14.    You don’t care too much about fashion and a perfect appearance (which I really appreciate, being a pretty low-maintenance woman).  But you value any efforts to look special, on those occasions when I do.

15.     You like reading books with me and do great accents.  P.G. Wodehouse, Paul Tripp, Patrick McManus, C.S. Lewis, J.R.R. Tolkien, and so on have given us lots of good times together.

To be continued...

No comments:

Post a Comment