Saturday, October 5, 2013

Pregnant Thoughts

This Round 2 of pregnancy is harder and easier than the first time.

Harder because I have mommy duty for a 20-month-old, and Victor has no concept of sick days.

Easier because I don't have to work 40 hours a week.

Harder because I know (in some measure) how bad it could get.

Easier because I've only puked twice and I pleaded my cause for Zofran 4 days after I found out I was pregnant.

Harder because Ben is diving into seminary and a new ministry job and doesn't have a lot of margin right now.

Easier because I am already feeling improvement, earlier than last time.

And there are some things that are the same.

An underlying sense of helplessness, that I can't finish this journey without God's sustaining grace for the next 5 minutes. 

Gripping the promise, My grace is sufficient for you, for My power is made perfect in weakness

A steady battle to keep grumbling and grumpiness at bay. 

So, so, so much to thank God for... not only in the day's provision of food and strength and hope, but also in this gift that comes with so much travail.



No comments:

Post a Comment