Sunday, November 4, 2012

Daylight Savings

Victor doesn't understand Daylight Savings.

So I had an extra hour this morning and wondered what I should do with it.

Thought I should do something oriented on others rather than my first instinct (eat the batch of puppy chow I made last night and read blogs).  So I decided to make some corn bread to share with friends.

Victor was a bit restless, so I had him in one arm and was making my corn bread with the others.  Pulled a glass jar of powdered milk out of the fridge (by the lid), and - smash - glass and powdered milk everywhere (around my bare feet).

So we decided to leave that be for a bit, and I took Victor in to change his diaper and get him dressed.  Dropped the Cetaphil lid behind the changing table (rats).  Just a little slow to get the new diaper on, so everything to the south of the changing table got a bit of a sprinkle.

But we decided to leave that be for a bit too.

Finished dressing the Victor-mobile, scrubbed up the various wet articles in the bedroom.  Plopped Victor in the pack-n-play and started the process of cleaning up the broken glass.  (So much more stressful now that there's a crawler around!) 

Swept, mopped, vacuumed, threw the rug in the wash (along with the various washables from the bedroom sprinkling incident).  Finished mixing up the corn bread and popped it (finally) into the oven.

And it was only 7:15am.

Conclusion: Deciding to try to honor God with a morning does not mean that the morning will be trouble-free.  But it will probably give me a better attitude about it!

1 comment:

  1. "Victor was a bit restless, so I had him in one arm and was making my corn bread with the others."

    How many arms do you have?? Can I borrow some? In light of the subsequent events perhaps you are not making the best use of all of them.

    Love you,
    Krista

    ReplyDelete