Tuesday, November 27, 2012

Our Advent Chain

So, per my last post, December was always full of anticipation and delight for us growing up.

With Victor's arrival, I feel new zeal to try to make the Christmas season intentional and meaningful ... but frankly, coming up with 25 things to do just makes me feel tired.

So we've decided to try a modified version of the chain.


Each day of the week will have a certain "theme," unless something special is already planned:

Sunday: Advent Bible reading
Monday: Christmas carol
Tuesday: Guests for dinner
Wednesday: Gift or surprise
Thursday: Read a Christmas story
Friday: Bake or eat Christmas treat
Saturday: Special activity


I'm not sure if the construction paper will be cut, written on, and taped in time for December 1, and I don't know if Victor will absorb the full import of the days' events, but I'm eager to see how God will show us Himself this season.

(Will try to keep you posted on how things unfold.)

No comments:

Post a Comment